21 May 2009

What a trip so far.....











Sorry it's been so long since a blog entry. It's very, very early on Friday morning and I'm the hotel lobby (WiFi doesn't work back in my room...so have to come to the lobby for it to work - where, I might add, my MacBook is working perfectly).

We are having a truly amazing time. David is still a powerhouse - he leads the pack all the way. Jacqueline - forever the maternal "wonder woman" brings up the rear....and me...well I'm usually somewhere in the middle of the pack - with the good fortune to be able to walk and talk with either Morgan, Margaux or Madeline - whichever girl happens to be my companion, for the moment. These are among my favorite times, getting to go one on one with each of the girls....seeing how much they are loving this trip - and remembering each of them throughout the years - from infants.....Anyway - I'm waxing on...... Here's a favorite picture of each girl, taken on the trip....so far.....

By the way....today we move hotels - since the Hotel Muguet (pronounced "moo-gay"....I had it all wrong - thinking the "g" was soft) was not able to take us for our third night - when we decided to extend the Paris portion of our trip. This has been the perfect place to stay. Incredibly well situated for everything we've wanted to do. We are off all the of main streets - on a one way street. So, that makes for a very, very quiet spot.....But, just two blocks from the Invalides/Ecoles Militaire....15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and 20 minute walk to the Musee d'Orsay (more on our visit there last night and our amazing dinner in a later post).

We're moving to the Hotel Apollon. It's very close to the TGV (fast train) station - which we will take tomorrow for Bordeaux. Plans for the rest of the day are up in the air - but that will be part of another/later post. By the way - the 10-day forecasts, when we left the US was for rain, clouds, rain and more rain during these first few days, in Paris. Instead - we've been blessed with incredible weather - mild, sunny - barely needing a (light) jacket, at nights.....Guess that's what happens when you are traveling with three angels: Morgan, Margaux, and Madeline. They've been incredible throughout the trip - troopers. Meals are the only difficult part - since we all have our "likes" and "don't likes". I remember when I was their age - I hated just about everything - so to have become a chef - nothing short of a miracle.

Okay - now on to some pictures - and breakfast. Because of the scattered nature of our first days' schedules I have been WITHOUT COFFEE FOR TWO DAYS.....not today, however!!! After I post I'm going to pack for the move to the other hotel and sit down to a few cups of very strong coffee, croissant and such.....

Big hugz and Gros bisous (as they say in France)

At the Eiffel Tower
Madeline looking sweet at the Luxembourg Gardens
And Venus was her name (Morgan!!)
Margaux outside the Musee D'Orsay

No comments: