16 May 2009

The Trip Begins.....



On my way to my departing flight for San Francisco, I looked back, as I passed under the welcome to PS sign, at the airport; and my heart started jumpin'.....I've been waiting for this day for months...literally. Even though we don't actually leave for Paris, until Tuesday....this is the first leg of the trip, for me. I guess I'll just have to be patient - the inbound flight is seriously delayed. Normally, I'm on the 7am flight - which originates from Palm Springs --- so I guess I should have used my common sense and tracked the flight coming from Portland, through San Francisco, which is the plane that's going to be carrying me to SFO.....whenever it gets here. After some internet sleuthing (never knew Palm Springs Airport had free WiFi...I dont' usually have the time nor the inclination to whip out my laptop when i take my usual 7AM AlaskaAir flight) I discovered the delay is runway maintenance at SFO.

Okay - enough with the boring story.....I'm just killing time while I wait to see when the inbound flight from SFO finally takes off. The idea of eating airport food is not appealing - but it looks like I'm going to be stuck here until at least 1pm (it's 11AM right now). I'll just take some deep breaths and face the fact - this is nothing compared to some of the hassles we might experience during the France trip. Bigger planes, longer flights, shuttle services, the TGV.

Anyway - just found out our plane has left SFO and is going to be just an hour late....Still guess I'll grab some food and chill. Hope to have much more interesting things to inspire me for future blogs.....

Huge mounds of thanks and love to Mike and Eric - lovin' my Keens.....

No comments: