25 May 2009

Nighttime at the Musee d’Orsay




Hi, this Morgan. We have had a great time in France! We have seen the Louvre, Musee D’Orsay, and we are going to Bordeaux soon. In Paris we saw the Eiffel tower and everything else listed above. When you are up there, it is really high, although when you’re on the ground the tower doesn’t seem as high. The Eiffel Tower is 327 meters tall, which is tre tre high. That means “very.”
Thursday night, we ate dinner at this great place, and we have actually eaten at many great places! We were planning to visit the Musee D’Orsay in the early evening, then go to a nice restaurant near our hotel. Thursday nights, the Musee D’Orsay is open until 10:00pm, and we planned to go to dinner at 8:15pm.
The Musee D’Orsay seemed more modern inside than the Louvre. I liked the giant clock inside the museum, which appeared to be gold plated and was still working. The glass domed ceiling was very unique; it was not like anything I had seen before. I liked all of the levels of the Musee D’Orsay, and it was fun to see so many famous art pieces.
On the 5th level, we walked outside onto a patio where there were huge statues and we could look down at the Seine river. It was beautiful. It was getting near the time for us to go to dinner, and we had walked all the way through the museum to the far end from where we had started. We saw signs that said “sortie,” which means “exit” so we decided to take the stairs down to the bottom, rather than walking all the way back through the museum to the escalators.
After walking down two floors, we discovered the most beautiful room ever. We were so curious, we decided to explore it. When we got there, it turned out to be a fantastic restaurant, and they were willing to let us walk in and eat dinner there! It was a wonderful meal.
My parents and Dan ordered a bottle of Champagne, and the waiter poured a glass for us girls to try. I sort of liked the Champagne, but really, none of us girls can understand what adults see in Champagne! What we loved was this delicious drink called “Limonade” which is clear lemonade and tastes fantastic! Margaux mixed a few drops of Champagne into a glass with Limonade and said it made the Champagne drinkable!
For dinner at the Muse D’Orsay, I had a first course of cold asparagus soup. It was really good, but I wasn’t able to finish it all. For my entrée, I had chicken wrapped in ham! There is a fancier name for it, but I can’t remember, all I know is that it was delicious. All I could say, over and over again, was “It doesn’t get any better than this!” And, French baguettes actually have like a buttery flavor. It is amazing. For dessert, I had chocolate molten cake with caramel. The dessert was magical! I also had a bite of Uncle Dan’s peach tarte, and Margaux’s lemon meringue tarte. The food here is the best, and anyone who knows me knows how much I love food, so France is like heaven to me!
Jacqueline’s photo references:
1. We had to display the Musee D’Orsay’s famous clock.
2. The Leppla group photo was taken on a patio near the roof of the museum, the Seine is below, and building in the background is the Louvre.
3. The dining room at the Musee D’Orsay was exquisite. The ceiling art was done in 1900 and the whole dining room was moved into the Musee D’Orsay at some point during renovation of the old train station.

No comments: