14 August 2009

Life is good....especially with a little MUGGS in it!!!!





Been a while....been busy. Had an great-full 8 hours of sleep, last night. MUGGS is way ahead of where typical expectations place his age for how long he can sleep in his crate without whimpering "I need to go outside". I know that it's still an uphill struggle - and am well aware that there will be slips and slides backwards. But, his temperament is so good - - I know, already, that we're headed for a great life together.

Just some things I wanted to share, along with a few new photos:

  • I am amazed at how much MUGGS has grown. Here is one picture at 9 weeks, taken by Sally Rosenthal, MUGGS' true "MOM". The other "pose" is my attempt - 4 weeks later (this past Tuesday at 13 weeks) of trying the "pose" on my coffee table. Look at how his body and legs seem to "fit" more....

  • What a great attitude MUGGS has. He's still a puppy and can go "psycho" on me, at times. When those rare moments occur OR when I just want to have my morning coffee alone, I gate him in the kitchen (with doggie door access to the yard) and he never ever whines. He's so happy to be able to go in and out the door, play with his toys, take a slurp or two or water, do his "business" in the yard....He's always happiest when we are together (so am I). That's the barometer of a true English Cocker. But, his ability to be content to hang out alone with his toys - in the kitchen....without the typical puppy whimper and yapping....LUCKY US!!!

  • As a member of the "hunting" breeds, swimming is something that's part of his genetics. Today, I went over to David Madison's house and got in the pool with him, Gryffin, and MUGGS. Although it was his first time in that pool - so he had no sense of where the steps were....he paddled like a pro. A picture of David with Gryffin and MUGGS, plus one of me, after we all got out and were letting the 110 degree Palm Springs heat, dry us off!!!!

No comments: