25 March 2009

Here's a quick preview of our trip: We gather at SFO on the 19th of May and board an Air France flight which gets us to Paris the next day. Then, it's on to our hotel - to rest and get ready to storm the Bastille....OR rest (more likely). Plans are to make sure the girls get their wish of seeing the Mona Lisa, at the Louvre (we've already warned them: she's not as big as you might think!!!). From what I've read, the Louvre is starting a new program which will offer free admission to those under 18 years, to widen the culture divide that even the French and Paris visitors have fallen victims too.....More culture and less texting, I say!!!!

We're also going to the top of the Eiffel Tower... and even if I have to steal away by myself - I'm going to visit my favorite bakery: Poilaine....home of incredible breads, and simple pastries (their apple tartes are out of this world!!!).

For a Paris hotel we've settled on the Hotel Muguet . Love the fact that they have triple rooms with twin beds all around - I've got a single. At least one of the triple rooms is guaranteed to have Eiffel Tower views - and if they get a cancellation, they'll be able to do the same for the second triple. Can't imagine being as young as the girls are and being in France.....let alone having my hotel with a view of the Eiffel Tower.

After a couple of days powering through a small slice of wonderful Paris, we'll pick up the 9 passenger rental car and make our drive to Bordeaux - with plans to stop along the way, maybe overnight....The house in the Bordeaux region, Pey Au Bruc is just a short 10 minutes from the beach....from what we can see in the pictures - a slice of heaven. I don't know how the links work in this blogging deal - so you might have to cut and paste - at least until I get the hang of things....

No comments: